Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What's the Purpose?

So lately I have been thinking what is my purpose here? I guess it kinda goes along with trying to find guidance to all the questions that are swirling around in my head. My mom was here this weekend and she helped me figure some things out, as I knew she would. :) I know that God has placed me where I am for a reason, even though sometimes I don't know why. I know that he has called us to stretch ourselves and to be a light unto the world.
Anyway, I decided that this summer I am going to apply for Youth In Mission and go on a mission trip to Africa for two months. I'm still praying about it and not exaclty sure, but I'm going to put in my application and see what happens. You get to choose three spots you want to go and the people at Youth In Mission decide. So I may not end up in Africa, but that's okay with me. Wherever I end up I know I will be stretched and be able to fulfill my mission of telling others about Christ and making an impact.
Also, I'm keeping my major the same as of now, or at least until I know for sure that God is leading me somewhere else. To be honest I'm not sure where God is leading me at times and I don't know how to figure it out, but I know if I'm supposed to do something else it'll happen and that's alright with me. I just know that this is where my passion is and I am praying that God leads me in the direction that he wants me to go.
So anyway...there's all my random thoughts and what praying for guidance has brought me. Even though I don't always know where I'm going I think God places people in our lives, like my mom, who help us figure it out. I'm so thankful for that and I know that God has my life in his hands and nothing will go wrong if I continue to trust in Him.

1 comment:

_abe said...

so... when have you had a blog? haha. i might read this from time to time.

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.