Monday, November 5, 2007

This explains it well

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be,
so He put His arms around you and whispered,
"Come live with me."
With tearful eyes we watched you suffer and saw you fading away;
we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating;
your hardworking hands put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.
God will love you and keep you until we meet somday.

This was on the back of my grandma's program thing from her memorial service. I don't know who wrote it but it describes exactly what happened with us and her. God sure does have someone great up there with him in heaven. I know she is having the time of her life and I can imagine her standing at the gates of heaven and every time someone comes in she says "Oh Jolly Welcome Home!" I can't even explain how much I'll miss her and how my house will never be the same again, but now my goal is to continue living and practicing all she taught me, like how to be a great hostess and love and accept everyone. Even though she isn't here I can continue living out her legacy as I know the rest of my family strives to do to. We lost an amazing woman in all of our lives but hopefully we'll make her proud by the lives we keep living even though she's gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such a beautiful memorial service - I just wish I knew her more! I see so much of you and your mom in how others described your Grandma.....gentle, sweet, compassionate, loving, giving, and fun!

I'll continue to pray for you as you continue to heal in this process. I love you.
Teresa

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.