Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sorry It's Been awhile...

I didn't realize how long its been since I last blogged until I logged on here. I have been super busy and I guess just haven't had the time. Not too much has been going on since the beginning of the semester. A few ups and downs, but I'm doing good. I have been struggling with some things and I was reading in my devos from a book called His Princess and its like God writing letters to me. It hit pretty much exactly what I've been thinking about lately...

"You are destined to win. I know how tired you often become, just by trying to do and say all the right things. Take that pressure off yourself, because I did not put it there. The world may judge you by what they see and hear, but I look within your heart. I see your desire to please Me, and I see your struggle to please others. If you want to win this endurance race, you must let go of your need for the approval of others and seek my will and My pleasure. Simplify your life, and let go of the burdens that weigh you down. You'll find that My grace will lighten your step and my favor will even draw others to join you. Yes, at times you will stumble and fall. But don't worry. I'm here to help you get back up again-as often as it takes. Make it your daily passion to run with Me, and I will carry you over the finish line of your faith..."

This was exactly what I needed to here. I put too much pressure on myself I think sometimes. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a people pleaser and that weighs on me so much sometimes. And I want God's grace to lighten my step because lately I have felt so weighted down by things. I need to remember to simplify my life and trust that God will carry me. I'm just so amazed by God and the way he works in our lives. God and I are working on a lot of aspects of my life right now so it is feeling like a daily race, but I know with God on my side I will finish!

1 comment:

finding reality said...

Thanks Ab. I needed to re-read that letter...I'm feeling it too. Sometimes I think that I purposefully weigh myself down so that I feel productive..when in reality, I'm forgetting that the entire reason that I'm alive is to glorify Christ..not to "get things done."

Love you! I wish I was back in Nashville with you. Tennessee felt a lot more "right" than Indiana does. Miss you already and can't wait to see you soon!

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.