Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Whoa...

That is the word that goes through my mind when I think about leaving for Africa. It's only one week away and I can't believe it! I have been excited when thinking about my trip but as it comes closer I start to get really nervous! I think it's just the reality of it setting in and the fact that I'm a little overwhelmed by all I still have to do and all the money I need to get in! But then when I start to freak out in my usual way I feel a peace come over me. I'm trying this new thing called trusting in my Savior. Who would have thought?
My whole life I've been a worry wort and I always freak out about things. I always know that I need to trust and God says not to worry but its easy to know that in your head but not to convince the rest of you! But I've been getting better these last few weeks and it just all of a sudden hit me I feel like. I don't know why it took this long but I've just come to the realization that the creator of the Universe and Savior of the world cares about me and loves me so who am I to worry about anything? He tells me not to worry and if he's always with me why should I worry?
So this is my new mindset and hopefully one that'll stay with me especially on this trip to Africa. But I truly feel like not much can go wrong because God is there. Yeah things that I think are wrong and shouldn't be happening might happen, but thats okay because my God is bigger than all of those possible situations.
As much as this is something that is becoming more real to me I still need prayer becaue the Lord knows I so easily worry about everything and everyone...but I'm a work in progress and that's all I can do! :)

No comments:

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.