Sunday, January 25, 2009

A new outlook

I feel like I have a new outlook on life and am renewed. I don't know why it took so long for me to see life this way or what even exactly brought it on, but whatever it was I'm so thankful. I feel like I've realized what I've been missing out on and God has finally gotten through to me. Sometimes I don't think I have the words to express the fullness of my mind and heart.

One thing I've learned through reading the book Crazy Love and just through God helping me is his great LOVE for us. I've always been a romantic and couldn't wait for that perfect relationship with that perfect guy...sometimes it claims my attention in a way that isn't really beneficial. At a worship night a couple weeks ago it was like God tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear, hello! I love you! and it finally sunk in. Whether or not I find that "perfect relationship" I have a Savior who loves me with that love I've thought could come from a human relationship. It doesn't. Only Christ can love us unfailingly and unconditionally. He is perfect love. He is my love story that I've always wanted.

This love has spurred me into action. I feel so fulfilled and content and I want to continue in this love story every day and fall more and more in love with my Jesus. And I want other people to experience this love. I want to love people the way we're supposed to. I pray that God gives me his eyes to see people the way he does. In Crazy Love he talks about how our life would change if we actually treated each person we came into contact with as Christ. How would it?...it would pretty much turn it upside down. I have this deep love for Christ and if I were to treat each person with that love, my world would look so different. And that excites me. I want to love like Christ loves.

There's so much more than God is teaching me. I don't even know if I can put it all into words. I just know that God is good and my life is His. I'm open to what He has for me and I'm learning everyday what that look likes exactly. I have a deep joy and peace that I can't quite express. :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sometimes it takes those hard times to figure it out. To actually open your eyes and see. God is truly working in and through you abz. Even from the day we met. My heart is burdened for those who don't know the love of Christ and abz you know it. It is unlike anything we have ever experienced.
Love is a term that is often used to tell people even when you don't mean it. Abz I love you kid. I'm proud of this renewal in your heart and life. I'm excited to see the Lord working in ways we never could have imagined before. I am here and always will be here for you. God is love.

_abe said...

well said. thanks for the encouragement.
bless.

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.