Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am me.

I can't sleep and so I'm thinking. God has been working on reminding me of some things lately. He's giving me the reminder that he made me who I am for a reason. I don't need to believe the lies that I'm supposed to be a different way or I'm not good enough. Sometimes I use the quote, "I am me." for different things and it's really as simple as that. I am me. No one else. With all my insecurities and flaws and with all my strengths and successes. Why waste my time trying to be someone else?

A wise friend sent me this quote today as encouragement with this issue and I've been reflecting on it all day.

"The basis of my personal worth is not my possessions, my talents, not esteem of others, reputation...not kudos of appreciation from parents and kids, not applause, and everyone telling you how important you are to the place...I stand anchored now in God before whom I stand naked, this God who tells me, You are my son (daughter), my beloved one." 
--Rabbi's Heartbeat, Brennan Manning

My prayer is that I remember this. That I hold tight to this truth and continually gain confidence to fully be who God created me to be. I like how ee Cummings said it because it's not always easy:

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."

1 comment:

The Duranceaus said...

Saw that you had a blog through Carries fb comment, so I looked for it! Just wanted you to know that your post from yesterday is exaclty what I needed today. Seriously. God used you as a mouthpiece. Thank you!

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.