Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Word for 2013



I am not good at resolutions. I have a way of getting really excited about something and then once the initial excitement wears off I'm over it. I fully plan and commit to it at first and then after busyness and reality starts back up I forget them. However, I am good at remembering one thing and coming back to it and meditating on it and since I like to stick to things I'm good at…I have decided to pick one word to focus on this year of 2013. Come to find out there's a whole online community that partakes in this challenge. They explain it like this: 


Forget New Year’s Resolutions. Scrap that long list of goals you won’t remember three weeks from now anyway. Choose just one word.
One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.
Find out more about One Word 365 here.

I've been thinking about what word to choose for a couple of days now. The first word that popped into my head is the one I've been trying to avoid and it keeps coming back. I hesitate because it exposes me and reveals what I'm not always good at it (remember what I said earlier). I hesitate because I feel like choosing it is flinging open the doors of opportunity for me to grow in this area and that freaks me out. I know, I know...it's just a word, but it means more to me than just that. So here goes nothing…my word for 2013:




More to come about this in the next blog post. Stay tuned...

No comments:

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.