Sunday, January 22, 2012

You have worth.

The topic of discussion at church this month as been "The One and Only You". We've talked about the worth we have and the fact that the Creator of the Universe loves us. That the truest things about us are what God says about us. The fact that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

God has seemed to be placing this message in front of me often the last few weeks whether it's through church, discussions I've had, or random references and it really got my attention today. I realized how much I long to affirm in people their worth and show them why. I want everyone I come in contact with to be listened to, heard, valued, and cherished.

Almost daily I look into the eyes of a child, teenager, or adult and see that they really don't think they matter. I know I've been there. Thinking your life doesn't matter, that you're just taking up space, that your life has no importance. But it's simply not true.

So if anyone is actually reading this please be reminded of this today:

You are important. You were created for a purpose. The Lord rejoices over you with singing and you were fearfully and wonderfully made. No matter what anyone has told you are loved by the Creator of the Universe and the Maker of the Heavens and Earth. You are the only you so there's no reason to waste time trying to be someone else. God created you for a reason and you are beautiful.

My prayer is that God would give me the opportunity to show people this truth especially the beautiful girls I get to work with each week. This truth gets lost so easily in a world saturated with the idea that who you are and what you have just isn't good enough.

I want to change that.

No comments:

I really like to blog. Sometimes it's about what I'm learning, sometimes about what's going on in life, sometimes I share my heart, sometimes I share a funny story or video, and sometimes I complain. But it's me. I am me. I am just a lump of clay being molded daily by the One who holds my life in His hands.